Service Recovery - React Technique (Empathize)

Dear Mrs. Traumann,

Please allow me an opportunity to introduce myself. My name is _____ and I am the Rooms Executive at MSS Hotel. My Guest Services team has advised me of the service you received during your stay with us.

First and foremost, thank you for your valuable feedback. I would like to offer my sincerest apology for the service that you had encountered. We are disheartened to learn that our service standards had failed to meet your expectations. We understand how frustrating it must have been for you when our staff failed to assist your needs by directing you to contact Agoda instead. It was never our intention to trouble our guests and we truly apologize for the inconvenience you experienced in our hotel.

At MSS Hotel, we believe that providing exceptional service is our top priority and I have highlighted your feedback with the relevant department heads for their attention and review. I hope that this negative experience will not deter you from visiting us again. I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to MSS in the future for a better stay.

Once again, we apologize for all the distress caused and thank you for your feedback.

Best regards,
Xxxx
Rooms Executive

Comments

  1. Dear Shu Ling,

    Thank you for crafting this service recovery letter. I appreciate the effort.

    While you clearly identify yourself, readily accept the feelings of the guest (empathize), and apologize, there's a possibility that the mix up of pronouns used (I and we) could convey confusion.

    Generally, I wouldn't say that such a switch is an issue. But because you don't offer any tangible compensation, no 'atonement,' the apology might come across as lacking sincerity, with the switch from 'I' to 'we' leaving the potential impression of a lack of 'personal' responsibility.

    In terms of the REACT technique, I feel that you have covered all the points except perhaps the idea that one should 'overcommunicate,' meaning, making the effort to go that extra mile in terms of what you will do for the guest.

    Cheers,

    Brad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Brad,

      Thank you for your feedback. Understand that the mix of pronouns might create confusion to the reader. I will take note of that and be more cautious in my future writings.

      Best regards,
      Shu Ling

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts